Saturday 18 October 2014

My Current Hair Routine!

It’s been a while! Between keeping on top of doctors appointments, applying to jobs and then getting a job, the blog accidentally took a little break but I’m back!

I thought this week I’d tell all about my hair routine.

Now, I have my own issues with my hair; mainly that it’s been consistently falling out on a daily basis for the last 3 years or so and is now half the thickness it once had, but hopefully I’m on the right track to redemption now! Despite this, I’ve never given up on having whatever I’ve wanted, and that usually involves bleach.

  

My hair takes very well to bleach, despite it being a very dark brown, almost black, natural colour and so currently about half, just over, of my hair is white blonde, mostly done by myself as salons are not comfortable with going that colour with naturally dark hair most of the time (otherwise charging a bomb) in case they get blamed for ruining the hair. My hair is not ruined and a big part of that is the products and routine I use. Because god knows I do not advocate copying me and bleaching your hair 3 times in 2 weeks, I’m just young, sprung, and full of blind ambition.



So with this top half of grease compelling hair and bottom half of slightly drier blinding blonde, how do I keep it happy? Let’s start from the basics.



I use Redken’s Clear Moisture shampoo and conditioner, except for once a week when I use my favourite toning shampoo, Shimmer Lights Blonde and Silver Shampoo. The deep purple toning shampoo really helps me to get all those brassy tones right out of my hair in less than 5 minutes without having to go to a salon and fork out a tonne for the same effect. Bonus points for it giving me volume and texture that I love. 


The Redken duo are just magical for me. They are the first higher end shampoo and conditioner I have bought, after a lot of online research, and even just the shampoo leaves my hair feeling a very conditioned and manageable.



After washing, I spray in It’s a 10 Miracle Leave-In Plus Keratin while it’s still fairly wet, as I find when I do it on my hair when it’s dryer, it leaves a waxy layer of sorts. It also detangles which is great for people who don’t listen to the multiple outlets telling you not to brush your hair when it’s wet. Not me of course, gosh.



Usually, that’s where I leave it to air dry (I only blow dry with a round brush if I’m really in a rush) but if I feel I need some more love, I use the GOT2B Oil-licious Tame & Shine Styling Oil, which is quick absorbing and truly doesn’t leave your hair looking greasy. It also smells amazing and I usually have this little bottle in my bag for on the go moisture as it's full of Argan oil.

I don’t go much for hair masks anymore, instead favouring oils as I can sleep in them without having to slap a shower cap on or wonder why it’s drying stiff on my head. Coconut oil is good but I find Almond wonderful too.

As for styling, I don’t tend to do too much lately but if I want to really give my hair some oomph, I pick up my Babyliss 2289U Glamour Waves Curling Tong, my Vidal Sassoon Infra Radiance 2000W Hair Dryer (both are on sale at those links right now!), a round brush and my bottle of Kerastase Styling Lift Vertige. (I'd try and snap a picture but a lot of my bits are in boxes still!) It’s a gel that you rub onto your roots before blow-drying and keeps your volume all day, despite not drying stiff or crunchy at all! I love this stuff and highly recommend it. My bottle was given to me as a gift but I know the brand sells in many salons now if you’re interested. I curl my hair into loose curls and give it a spritz of hairspray and I’m set for my fancy ways on a fancy day!


Or maybe I’m just all done up for a blog post.

Either way, I'm happy and I hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment